On our tenets of open collaboration and interdisciplinary participation, our vision for the center is to innovate the future of information technology through vital research that has cross cutting impact on the broad applications of information technology; through university and industrial working partnerships, set an imaginative direction, yet influence a pragmatic roadmap for the future of IT that has intellectual, societal, environmental and commercial value.
- Increase Information Technology (IT) Innovation for global competitiveness
- Increase student career opportunities and create a new generation of information technology leaders
- Promote Industry - University of California R&D initiatives
- Create linkages between commercial and government-sponsored (e.g., NSF, GENI, DOE, DOD) initiatives
- Bridge the growing gap of university research and industrial development needs
- Create an umbrella for multidisciplinary collaboration between industry and academia for further research and education